- Submit your application at a specialist overseas conversion site. To do this, you will be asked to fill up an application form, present evidence of your identity, prove your eyesight meet the required standard, may require a medical certificate and your overseas driver license (and translation if not in English). The agent will then take your photo and signature. Finally, just pay the application fee.
- In some cases, you may be required to pass a theory test.
- After passing the theory test, your application will be forwarded to NZ Transport Agency for assessment.
- Your application can then be rejected or approved. If rejected, you will receive a letter why your application was declined and what you should next. If approved, you may be required to take a practical test.
- If a practical test is required, you will receive a NZ Driver License with (supervision condition) in the mail. This means that you will have to book and pass a practical test before you can get a (Full/No supervision condition) NZ Drivers License.
- For others whose application was approved and were not required to take a practical test, lo and behold you NZ Drivers License will arrive by mail!
Reference: NZ Transport Agency